“Disclaimer: I received entry into the Buffalo Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
In my quest to start running more races and marathon’s for that matter, I decided it was time to venture out of the Ohioan borders. It just so happens that my first race outside of Ohio will be the Buffalo Marathon in yes, Buffalo, New York. Luckily being a BibRavePro will allow to travel across this beautiful country in search of more 26.2’s!!! I am very excited about this race as I’ve only passed through and attend a Buffalo Bills football game. So the marathon will allow me to at least see 26.2 more miles of the Buff city!
In order to properly train for this race, I will be starting my marathon training this week. You may ask, “Isn’t that a bit early?”, however my 2017 race schedule has me running the Glass City Half and Football Hall of Fame Marathon the month before. Speaking of training plans, the Buffalo Marathon has partnered with Vicki Mitchell (Director of Track & Field/Cross Country for the University of Buffalo) and you can download those here. Come Memorial Day weekend I will be prepared and ready to give 110% running in my six marathon since beginning running in 2016.
Where: Buffalo, NY. The course is described as flat and fast providing runners views of the downtown’s waterfront and many of the city of Buffalo Highlights. You can see a map of the course here.
When: Sunday, May 28, 2017 @ 6:30 AM. Yes that is Memorial Day weekend so bring family and friends and make a weekend out of it and enjoy what Buffalo has to offer. Hopefully the Lake Effect snow will be long gone.
- Buffalo Marathon
- Buffalo Half Marathon
- Stars & Stripes Relay – Teams of 4 runners completing 26.2. Great way to honor our veterans and Team RWB.
- John Beishline Memorial 5k – (Run on Saturday, May 27, 2017) Honoring long time Buffalo Race Director
- Kids Mini Marathon (Run on Saturday, May 27, 2017 @ 10:30 AM) Kids receive a wooden medal, special prize from Dick’s Sporting goods and snack & drink
Swag: (Marathon Finishers)
- Official long sleeve technical shirt at registration
- Finisher Medal for completing the event
- Keep Sake Finisher Key Chain
- Post Race Party Immediately Following
- Customized Age Group Awards (mailed to the winners)
- Donnelly Pin For completing both the 5k and the Marathon
So before prices increase it makes no better sense than to register for one of the upcoming 2017 races at the Buffalo Marathon. Check out the race website, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages for race updates and information. Don’t miss out having the chance to run with some of the other BibRavePro’s who will be in the various races Memorial Day Weekend.
Make sure to check back for future blog posts about my training and race details as we get closer to the date. Until then…
“The Race Awaits…”